Wawbansee located at 610 Girl Scout Road, off of Hwy 80 in Simmsboro,
Louisiana near the border of Bienville and Lincoln Parishes features 140
wood acres with a natural lake. The
property was acquired in 1944 and according to tradition was named
after the beautiful daughter of a great Indian Chief. The name
"Wawbansee" means "land of mirrored waters".
rustic facilities include a commercial kitchen, dining hall, infirmary,
trading post, swimming pool. Campers enjoy canoeing on a 4 acre lake
and fishing from its dock.
Facilities at Camp Wawbansee
- Troop House - 24 beds, with full kitchen. Hot/cold water, sinks, showers, and three toilets.
- Pine Ridge - 5 cabins with 4 beds each and one cabin with 2 beds, pavilion with two fire rings.
- Fern Ledge - 8 cabins with 4 beds in each cabin
Pine Ridge and Fern Ledge share a restroom facility with 8 toilets, hot/cold sinks and showers.
- Persimmon Hill - 8 cabins with 4 beds each, pavilion with fireplace and one fire ring. Hot/cold water, sinks, showers and 4 toilets.
- Director's Cabin - 2 beds, hot/cold water sink, shower and 1 toilet.
- Arts & Crafts building - hot/cold water sinks, showers, and 2 toilets.
- Infirmary - 6 beds, 1 shower, 1 toilet, (not to be used as a unit—only for use as an infirmary)
- Swimming Pool Area - May be used for tent overflow camping. Permission must be obtained before use.